Monday, November 21, 2011

Puled muscle in rib area?

Hi,


I'm wondering if anyone could offer any advice..... for a couple of weeks now I've had a discomfort (not pain) under my right ribcage below the breast area.





The discomfort is NOT constant. I've seen a doctor twice now and first time they thought it was mild dyspepsia and second time anxiety related.





I've had some lansoperoles which I don't think have done much. Aside from the discomfort (and anxiety which is being treated) I have no other ailments - eating well, 'toileting' fine, and my skin, eyes and nails are in great condition so I don't think it's a dicky liver. I used to drink too much back in my uni days but don't anymore, don't smoke neither and consider myself in ok health.





Can anyone offer advice as to whether it could be a pulled muscle ? I have been examined by two doctors and they couldn't feel any inflamation in the abdomen but neither suggested pulled muscles.





Any advice much appreciated and sincere thanks in advance,





ES.





PS I'm female, 24 yo.

Puled muscle in rib area?
There is a possibility that it could be a pulled muscle (because the pain is not constant) as you do not necessarily have to perform strenuous exercise to pull muscles.


Another suggestion is indigestion (certain foods upsetting your system). How about keeping a diary of what foods you eat daily , noting when you suffer with this pain. On reflection, it may assist you to determine if there are any foods which are affecting your digestive system, hence avoiding eating them in the future.
Reply:The location of the pain you indicate might be related to your gall bladder. Does this pain get worse or begin after a fatty meal?





The lanzaprosoles are for excess stomach acid and wouldn't achieve much if that isn't really your problem. As suggested by others, try and keep a log of what you're doing and feeling - this'll help the doctor a lot.





Don't give up. If you still don't feel right, keep on bugging them!


No comments:

Post a Comment