Monday, November 21, 2011

What could calcification on my rib bone mean? It was found in xray.?

I fell the other day a hit my rib cage badly. Even though I had alot of pain, I didn't have any marks or bruising on my skin where I fell. After a couple of days of pain, I decided to go to the Dr. She ordered an xray. I called and spoke with her today and she said that they did not see any broken ribs on the xray. However, she did say that they were sending it out to radiology for a second look because there were darkened areas on the ribs (both..not just the side I fell on) She called it calcification. What could this be!!?? I am freaking out right now! Please what are all the possibilities?! I am an otherwise healthy 35 year old. Thanks

What could calcification on my rib bone mean? It was found in xray.?
It's usually nothing. Try not to worry about it.





Calcification is a process in which a mineral called calcium builds up in body tissue, causing the tissue to harden. This can be a normal or abnormal process.





Ninety-nine percent (99%) of calcium entering the body is deposited in bones and teeth. The remaining 1% of calcium is dissolved in the blood.





When a disorder affects the balance between calcium and other minerals or chemicals in the body, calcium can be deposited in other parts of the body, such as arteries, kidneys, lungs, and brain. Calcium deposits in these parts of the body can cause problems with how these blood vessels and organs work.
Reply:Calcification is a process in which the mineral calcium builds up in tissue, causing it to harden. This can be a normal or abnormal process.


Ninety-nine percent (99%) of calcium entering the body is deposited in bones and teeth and the remaining 1% of calcium is dissolved in the blood. When a disorder affects the balance between calcium and other minerals or hormones, calcium can be deposited in other parts of the body, such as arteries, kidneys, lungs, and brain. Calcium deposits in these parts of the body can cause problems with the function of these organs.





Calcifications can usually be seen on x-ray films.

street fighting

No comments:

Post a Comment